Retail Staffing Review
The concept of developing a model to right-size retail branch staffing may not enlighten any tenured banker.
However, the large number of start-up banks and branch expansions indicates opportune circumstances for creation, or at least reexamination, of staffing
models. Most financial institutions have built at least one to two branches over the past few years, with some building many more. Customers will benefit
from the addition of a staffing model, because the optimal number of people will be manning the branch at any given time. The institution will benefit
from the staffing model, because this exercise will help minimize turnover and control non-interest expense.
Staffing the branch appropriately is critical to productivity, service quality and efficiency. In the Retail Staffing Review, Bancography
will examine transaction levels and market growth projections in order to recommend the appropriate staff configuration at each branch.
Five Components of the Retail Staffing Review:
- Evaluate current branch productivity and compare to industry benchmarks
- Review current job descriptions, incentive plans and branch processes for improvements
- Develop a customized model that recommends target staffing levels for all positions in each branch
- Calculate the overall financial impact of the recommended staffing changes
- Draft an implementation plan for achieving the optimal staffing configuration
Benefits of the Retail Staffing Review:
- Improves branch service and productivity by aligning resources with market demand
- Scheduling tool fosters optimal use of peak-time personnel
- Aligns branch staffing approach with industry best practices
- Applies productivity strategies equitably to all branch locations
- Model database built specific to each institution’s benchmarks and processes.
Database allows “current” and “what-if” scenarios
(including cost implications) and produces management reports
- Incorporation of Universal Agent FTE modeling function and Call Center modeling functions
- Benchmark for Universal Agent utilization – compares the institution's utilization of this new position to overall industry standards
- Improved automation and reporting within Bancography’s retail staffing database tool
To learn more, see
Bancology Volume 26, page three .
Pricing: $700 per branch
* institutions with larger branch networks may be eligible for discounted pricing.
For more information, contact us: (205) 254-3255 or email.