Retail Staffing Review
The concept of developing a model to right-size retail branch staffing may not enlighten any tenured banker. However, the large number of start-up banks and branch expansions indicates opportune circumstances for creation, or at least reexamination, of staffing models. Most financial institutions have built at least one to two branches over the past few years, with some building many more. Customers will benefit from the addition of a staffing model, because the optimal number of people will be manning the branch at any given time. The institution will benefit from the staffing model, because this exercise will help minimize turnover and control non-interest expense.
Staffing the branch and call center appropriately are critical to productivity, service quality and efficiency. In the Retail Staffing Review, Bancography will examine transaction levels, sales demand, call volumes and other branch attributes in order to recommend the appropriate staff configuration.
Five Components of the Retail Staffing Review:
- Evaluate current branch productivity and compare to industry benchmarks
- Review current job descriptions, incentive plans and branch processes for improvement opportunities
- Develop a customized model that recommends target staffing levels for all branch and call center positions
- Calculate the overall financial impact of the recommended staffing changes
- Draft an implementation plan for achieving the optimal staffing configuration
Benefits of the Retail Staffing Review:
- Improves service and productivity by aligning human resources with market demand
- Scheduling tool fosters optimal use of peak-time personnel
- Aligns branch and call center staffing approach with industry best practices
- Applies productivity strategies equitably to all branch locations
- Model database built specific to each institution's benchmarks and processes.
Database allows current and what-if scenarios
(including cost implications) and produces management reports
- Incorporation of Universal Agent FTE modeling function
- Benchmark for Universal Agent utilization compares the institution's utilization of this position to overall industry standards
- Integration of virtual teller, inbound call center agent and outbound call center FTE calculations
- Improved reporting that includes comparison to industry norms and toolkit automation
Retail Branch Pricing: $800 per branch
* institutions with larger branch networks may be eligible for discounted pricing.
Call Center Pricing: $4,500 (for centers with less than 25 agents)
For more information, contact us: (205) 254-3255 or email.